Linking science to practice
Shelly Meltzer & Associates offer comprehensive and customized dietary services for anyone wanting to optimise their diet for health and performance.
Our team of registered dietitians, with the main practice in Cape Town (at the Sports Science Institute of South Africa, SSISA), has a wealth of training and experience in both clinical and sports nutrition. We keep abreast with the latest scientific developments through our collaboration with the University of Cape Town (Division Exercise Science and Sports Medicine (ESSM) and the Division of Human Nutrition (Department of Human Biology) and have a strong focus on real life practical interventions. One of our projects is to work closely with the chefs at the Trufood Station to ensure a daily offering of healthy fresh foods that meets the specific requirements of all ages, stages and physical demands of its customers. The Trufood station is located in the main foyer at SSISA.
Our services include:
- Individual consultations: We consult with individuals requiring diets for clinical and health reasons (e.g. weight management, diabetes, allergies, gut issues) and for sports performance (elite and recreational athletes). For more information about what to expect about the process click here.
- Corporate groups and sports teams: A variety of bespoke services are available for corporate clients, teams of athletes and coaches. This includes participatory lectures and hands-on workshops, menu planning; on-site assessments and development of food-and dietary supplement-related policies and procedures.
- Food service management and Catering advice: We offer extensive services for both the corporate and the athletic environment including the assessment, set-up and management of cafeterias and sports academies; and the planning and management of food services for sports events.
- Education and training: We develop courses for Allied Health professionals and chefs, the lay public and school-going to postgraduate students. Click here to find out more about our on-line nutrition course.
- Research and Development: We can advise on research and development of innovative products, food labeling & legislation; marketing of products appropriately to target groups and can write material for academic and lay public.
- The Trufood Station: Our dietitians work closely with the chefs at the Trufood Station to ensure a daily offering of healthy fresh foods that meet the specific requirements of all ages, stages and physical demands of its customers. Click here for the ingredients and nutritional analysis of our Trufood Station products.